Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Napa/Sonoma: WINE ON AMERICA’S TABLE - Celebrating Diversity: Matching Wine With Ethnic Cuisine
Thursday, August 13, 2009, 5:30 PM until 9:00 PM
Celebrating Diversity: Matching Wine with Ethnic Cuisine
On August 13th at Cuvaison Estate Wines' Carneros Tasting Room, we'll do a little globetrotting WWS-style.
food on our tables today often consists of fare a little more worldly,
which begs the question: what wine to pour? Whether your menu takes you
to Morocco, Vietnam, Spain, or India, we'll give you the inside scoop
on what to pair with ethnic cuisine.
Four (4) stations of delectable ethnic food each paired with a luscious wine
An exotic trip for your taste buds as you nosh on Spanish, Moroccan, Indian, and Vietnamese cuisine
Wine education from a local expert on pairing wine with these delicious foods
of course, there will be opportunities to win prizes when you buy
raffle tickets and bid on silent auction items (think big, think
Magnums!) -- all proceeds benefit the Napa/Sonoma Women for WineSense
General Scholarship Fund.
Raffle and silent auction prizes include
1.Merryvale Merlot 2000 Beckstoffer Vineyards Las Amigas 1.5L/magnum. Can you say YUM!
2. Invite some friends over for a Magnum of Mumm Napa Brut Reserve.
3. The perfect excuse to get away-- a one night stay at a Joie de Vivre property.
4. You and five friends get the VIP treatment at a Private wine tasting for six at Hanzell Vineyards .
5. An evening to yourself: a one night stay at a Larkspur Hotel property, what could be more relaxing!
6. Kick your feet up, lounge by the pool--a one night stay at Inn at Marin , the to-do list can wait!
7. Grab the kids and head to the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito.
8. Enjoy the historic charm, beautiful grounds, and delicious wine at Cline Winery with a Tour and Tasting for four.
9. Southern Wine and Spirits and Diageo Jade Monterey Syrah- three lots of four 750ml bottles. The perfect number. Uncork one now, save the rest for later!
6:15-6:30pm Announcements & Welcome
8:00-8:30pm Raffle Results
Cuvaison Estate Wines
1221 Duhig Road
Napa, CA 94559
$50 Non Members